Easy Homemade Churros
My wife was craving something for desert and asked me about churros. Now as you all know I’m just an average dad so I have never made such a thing. I found out that its only a few simple ingredients and easy to make. My Strawberry Homemade Jam with some reddi whip is the perfect treat. Plus the kids love it.
- (1) Cup of Water
- (1) Tablespoon Sugar
- (1/2) Teaspoon of Salt
- (1) Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- (1) Cup of Flour
- (1/2) Cup of Sugar
- (1) Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- Deep Fryer
- In a saucepan with medium heat combine the water, sugar, salt, and vegetable oil. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling remove from heat and add flour
- Heat the Deep Fryer to make 375 degrees. I use a similar deep fry to this Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer
- Make strips of dough using a pastry bag or I used a ziplock back with he corner cut out
- Place in Deep Fryer until they turn golden brown
- Place on a plate with a paper towel and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mix all over
- I added some of my Homemade Strawberry Jam and Reddi Whip. You can also add any other type of topping. Enjoy
You can find my Homemade Strawberry Jam – Click Here.
I am just a average dad (The Food Dad) learning how to cook for my amazing wife and 3 kids under 3. I do my best trying to cook but if you have any tips or have made these easy homemade churros let me know by commenting below. Everyday is a new adventure for me cooking so looking forward to filling this website up with practical and useful recipes. Enjoy!
You can show support by following and like me on: